Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Service dog info

Well, I finally got up the courage to call about a service dog. I recieved the info yesterday and was just reading it over again today. And I'm pretty excited about getting one, if I qualify. I told the woman I talked to that I'm still pretty able bodied, but I have 12 pounds of stainless steel rods in my back, so that makes it alot harder to bend down and get things off the floor. She figured I'd basically be using the dog for retrieval, and that sort of thing. I agreed with her about that, and apparently thats what the dogs are there for. I'm a little nervous though, because Courtney's mom doesnt want any more pets around here. We already have 4 cats and Courtney's mom has a dog. Its a little Bichon/Schnauzer mix....hyper little fucker. But the service dog would either be a labrador or golden retriever...we'd have to try to get the labrador, because the golden retriever would send Courtney into an allergic frenzy LOL. I'm more partial to labs anyways. I'm pretty excited at the prospect of getting one, even though Courtney's mom isnt.

Courtney and I rent the main floor of her mom's house. Its a pretty nice ranch style house. Her mom has the basement fixed up, and she stays down there. She just comes up to use the bathroom and kitchen. I'm hoping that since the service dog will be of use, that her mom will be ok with it. But then I've got to figure out a way to train it to shit in a big litter box, because her mom would die if we had it crap and piss out on the lawn. Do ya think that is possible to do with such a big dog??

1 Comments:

Blogger Northwoods Woman said...

Yes it's possible, tell the agency that's your preference and they should do it for you! Great idea for you too hun! Good Luck

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home