Monday, October 03, 2005

To see, or not to see....

So I had an appointment at the vision center today. I've been diabetic for the last 8 years or so, and my old doctor kept harping on me to get my eyes checked. Well, I started to see a new doctor up here in Oshkosh, and they have a vision center within the hospital. So I went in this morning at 10am. Had the usual eye exams and was suprised that my right eye is 20/20, but my left eye is 20/50. So the doctor puts some drops in my eyes to dialate my pupils. Oh boy was that fun!!! I still cant focus on stuff close to my face, but its slowly coming around. AND I'm gonna need glasses. :o/ Oh well, comes with age, huh?? I picked out some halfway decent frames though.

I'm also starting to put together an exercise regiment and diet. I'm 280 and this is really frustrating me. I've gotta do something to get thinner. I have a ton of shirts that I cant wear because I'm to heavy. Plus I'll be able to sleep better, keep my diabetis under control better..basically just feel better all the way around. I'll try to keep ya posted on how things are going. Starting a South Beach type diet this week.....wish me luck!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Hey, have you had your thyroid checked? I was struggling really hard on losing weight and then I had my thyroid checked and it was so bad! Now that I'm on medicine for it, losing weight has become quite easy! I wish you the best of luck with losing weight, I know how hard it is! I had my pupils dilated when I had my stroke in June. I had to make them close all my blinds in my room and turn the tv off because my eyes hurt so badly from the light. It's no fun getting older. I don't ever remember them dilating my pupils when I was younger.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home